We’re told Michael headed for the desert last Thursday … to Rancho Mirage, home of the Betty Ford Center and temporary digs of Lindsay Lohan. Michael was turned away by security. He was told visiting hours were over. Michael tells us he asked if was on a “no contact” list and they told him no … Michael says he’s been on the horn with people at Betty Ford, asking them to please involve him in family therapy with Lindsay.
Despite L. Lo‘s apparent unwillingness to meet with her father, she is reportedly welcoming with open arms her mother Dina Lohan and her younger siblings for a visit this week. As you can imagine, Daddy Lohan is furious at being left out … so much so that he is counting on God Himself to punish Dina for her actions:
From X17: Dina Lohan will be taking her three children, Michael Jr., daughter Ali and young son Dakota, to visit daughter Lindsay at the Betty Ford Center during the facility’s upcoming family week … but Lindsay’s mom says her ex, Michael, won’t be a part of that trip. Lindsay’s mom spoke with Barbara Walters by phone over the weekend, and details of their conversation were revealed this morning on The View. Walters say Dina wanted to make it clear that she is a “reliable and good mother” despite the public’s perception. Lindsay’s mom refrained from talking about her ex Michael Lohan, who reportedly is not “on the list” of visitors at the Betty Ford Clinic. Michael Lohan tells X17online exclusively: “To say something like that just shows how evil Dina is, how controlling she is, how self-centered she is and how she does not care about Lindsay’s therapy or solving her internal struggle which caused this. I think it’s clear to see that this is proof of how Dina has destroyed our family, driven a wedge between us and has polluted our childrens’ minds. I pray for her because God will get even with her.” Lindsay will be appearing before Judge Elden Fox for a probation hearing on October 22.
Personally, I think Lindsay would benefit if NEITHER of her toxic parents were allowed to visit her in rehab. I get that addicts can benefit from family therapy but if you consider the kind of family that Lindsay has to deal with … well … it’s no wonder the girl drinks. When you’ve got one parent praying to God for punishment of the other … you know you got probs. OY!
Last week I started reading The Fall: Book 2 of The Strain Trilogy written by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan and last night I finally finished the book. I have to tell you, The Fall was one of the funnest books I’ve read in a very long time. Much like their first book The Strain, The Fall was a quick read … but it was chock full of amazing vampire fun. These books are the kind that you don’t want to put down because they are so good … I really cannot wait for Book 3 to come out. I understand the final book in the trilogy is due for release in Spring of next year. I don’t usually get excited for book releases like this but, man, I am really really looking forward to the final book.
Because I finished my book early, I decided to bust out my trusty Nintendo DS and finally start playing Pokémon SoulSilver Version:
I’ve been a big fan of the Pokémon video games from the very beginning and I LOVE that SoulSilver and it’s compliment game HeartGold are updated versions of the classic Silver and Gold games. With a new Nintendo 3DS game system as well as a new set of Pokémon games (Black and White) due out next Spring, I want to spend as much time playing this game in my quest to catch all 493 Pokémon. Of course, that will never happen but … the games are addictively fun. Have any of y’all played Pokémon SoulSilver? Ya got any tips for me?
It’s been uncharacteristically cool and rainy here in SoCal which is perfect video game playing weather … but tonight, David and I are trekking down to the beach where it will undoubtedly be cooler and rainier to have dinner with our friends Emma and Josh. Despite the bad weather, we’re gonna have a blast :D
James Valentine of Maroon 5 is 32, Kate Winslet is 35, Josie Bissett (Melrose Place) is 40, Steve Miller is 67 and Bil Keane (Family Circus) is 88 years old today. Click HERE to see who else is celebrating a birthday today.
In the wake of so many suicides by GLBT youth due to bullying in recent weeks a bunch of celebrities have banded together or filmed videos on their own to spread the message of hope to the young people who fell hopeless. Much like Dave Navarro did on his official website last week, all kinds of celebs have decided to speak out in order to spread hope. A flurry of It Gets Better videos have been popping up recently in an effort to spread the message as far and wide as possible. Here is a video which features Anne Hathaway, Kristin Cavallari, Jenny McCarthy, Shay Mitchell, Ashley Roberts, Candice Accola, Ian Somerhalder, Candis Cayne, Erika Jayne, Greg Grunberg, Rex Lee, Julie Benz, Michael Chiklis and Kat Graham:
My good friend Pauley Perrette, who stars on NCIS, decided to film and release a video of her own:
As did Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden:
This message that life gets better is so important because it is so easy for young people who feel hopeless and alone to think that no one understands what they are going thru as they figure out who they are … even worse, many believe that they are unloved, unwanted and will not be missed if they decide to take their own lives. It is my sincere hope that these messages of hope can reach the people who need to hear them the most. The Trevor Project was set up so that young people in need of support can call at any time of the day or night to find the help that they need. Information on The Trevor Project can be found on their official website HERE or they can be reached by calling 1-866-4UTREVOR (866-488-7386). It truly may seem hopeless sometimes … but things do get better.
Pink reader Sarah points us HERE to see the rest of the It Gets Better PSA videos. Check ‘em out, post ‘em on Facebook … help spread the message.
Prince William has taken part in his first rescue flight for the Search and Rescue (SAR) Force, it emerged today. The Prince was co-pilot on board an RAF Sea King helicopter which was called to an off-shore gas rig in Morecambe Bay where a man was seriously ill after suffering a suspected heart attack. The incident took place on Saturday, just over two weeks after the Prince joined the unit. The Sea King, callsign ‘Rescue 122′, was scrambled at 2.11pm after a call from Liverpool Coastguard. The four-man crew, from C Flight, 22 Squadron, took off seven minutes later from their base at RAF Valley on Anglesey, North Wales. The helicopter arrived at the accommodation rig next to a gas production platform in the bay 24 minutes later. At 2.40pm the aircraft was in the air again after picking up the crewman, who had fallen ill that morning. They transported him to an on-shore helicopter landing site where he transferred to a waiting ambulance which took him to a nearby hospital. The Sea King’s crew described the weather conditions as ‘squally winds, which produced some moderate turbulence around the rig’s helicopter landing platform’. A spokesman for Prince William said: ‘Prince William is pleased finally to be able to contribute to the life-saving work of the Search and Rescue Force. ‘He is proud, after two years of intense training, to be able to serve in one of Britain’s foremost emergency services’ … The second-in-line to the throne officially joined his unit on September 17, when he praised the ‘vital’ work of the service. The Prince can expect to be promoted to captain and overall control of the helicopter in the coming years, but how quickly will depend on his ability and performance. William could also find himself flying rescue missions to Northern Ireland as RAF Valley routinely responds to calls there.
I’m certain the Royal Air Force would like to remind folks AGAIN that they should NOT make false calls for help in the hopes of having Prince William respond to the rescue. It sounds like Wills really likes being the hero, which only makes him even more swoon-worthy. Let’s just hope that all of his rescue missions are as successful as this one was.
As one of the World’s highest paid supermodels she is allowed to use every environment as a catwalk. And it looked like that’s what Gisele Bundchen was doing as she strutted her stuff through Miami International Airport yesterday with her 10-month-old son Benjamin strapped to her front. In a pair of black skinny jeans and high heeled ankle boots the model jetted into the Florida city to support her husband, New England Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady.
Even when Gisele isn’t working, shes working … that girl knows how to walk. I think it’s utterly fabulous that Gisele isn’t letting motherhood slow her down in any way. She can truly have it all … a loving husband, a precious baby and a still-flourishing career. As long as little Benjamin Rein can hold on, he’ll get to go along for the ride … which I’m sure is a whirlwind of fun. Go, Gisele, Go!
The couple stepped out here in SoCal last night to enjoy an intimate dinner together at Ago and they looked non-too-pleased to be met by a horde of photogs as they exited the eatery. I understand that Rob and Kris are back in LA to begin preliminary work on the upcoming 2-part film The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. Now that the couple are reunited here in SoCal, I’m sure we’ll be seeing much more of them out and about. I doubt we’ll get to see the kind of intimate photos that we got to see back in August but I guess you never know.
Betty White, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kristen Bell — all co-stars in the new film You Again — are featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of AARP The Magazine (which is geared toward the older set). In the coverstory interview, Betty opens up about her sex drive … which, apparently, hasn’t slowed down in her golden years. Sound intriguing? Read on …
“Does desire melt away with age? I’m waiting for that day to come,” the 88-year-old tells AARP Magazine in its November/December issue. “Sexual desire is like aging,” she continues, pointing at her head. “A lot of it is up here.” White, who shares the magazine’s cover with two of her You Again costars Jamie Lee Curtis and Kristin Bell, tells the magazine that her first marriage was totally physical. “I married my first husband because we wanted to sleep together,” she says. “It lasted six months and we were in bed for six months.” After a disastrous second marriage, White met game show host Allen Ludden. She says they were a match made in heaven – even though she wasn’t initially interested. “He bought me a beautiful ring and I threw it back at him,” she recalls, “so he wore it on a chain around his neck. He said, ‘I’m going to wear it until you put it on your finger.’ ” It worked, and the couple walked down the aisle in 1963, and stayed together until his death in 1981. “The secret to our marriage was enthusiasm,” White says. “When I knew Allen was coming home, I would freshen my makeup and put on a new blouse.” And the sex was apparently great, too. If Ludden were alive today, White thinks they’d still be sleeping together. But if he were unavailable, White has a second choice. “I don’t have a fella,” she says, “but if Allen – or Robert Redford – were around, we’d have a very active sex life.”
OK … let’s be honest … I’m not sure many folks are too keen on hearing about the sex drive of an 88 year old woman (except for 88 year old men) but I do love how open, honest and forthcoming Betty is about her personal life in this article. You just know that underneath all those Rose Nylund sweaters beat the heart of a romantic … a sex hungry romantic. While it sounds like Betty ain’t getting as much play as she used to get in her hey day, it also sounds like the desire to get down and freaky ain’t quite sputtered out for her yet either. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing … but it is now something that we are all very well aware of.
Only weeks in to taping the fourth season of The Real Housewives of New York City and violence has erupted on set! But this time the altercation has nothing to do with famous frenemies Jill Zarin and Bethenny Frankel! “During filming, Ramona [Singer] slapped one of the producers from Shed Media, the company that produces the reality show,” an insider tells Life & Style exclusively. “It got very out of hand. What a way to start off the season, huh!” “Ramona has been acting out physically and emotionally,” a second source tells Life & Style. “Her acting out wasn’t a story line for the show. It’s crazy; everyone involved in the show has been talking about it. What seems to be going on with her lately is unclear, but she’s been very erratic” … The Real Housewives of New York City doesn’t have a set date for its season premiere on Bravo, and reps for the company declined to comment for this story.
Oh Ramona, how I have missed thee. In all honesty, my fave batch of Housewives are the Atlanta ladies (and boy did I love seeing them back on my TV last night) but I really enjoy watching the crazies from NYC. Ramona is very savvy when it comes to getting attention on the show … I wouldn’t put it past her to start slappin’ people just to bring the focus onto herself. Of course, this report is mere conjecture … but my guess is that if Bravo TV has video footage of this alleged “attack”, it’ll make its way to TV. It’s gonna be a long wait until we get to see the new season of The Real Housewives of NYC but them crazy gals make the waiting worthwhile.
Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. Snyder was on a short list of directors that I recently revealed met with the studio as well as producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Other choices at the time included helmers Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman, and Duncan Jones. I think Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Sucker Punch. Deadline revealed back on February 9 that the DC Comics stalwart Superman became a priority project when Nolan agreed to godfather it. He and David S. Goyer hatched the story and Goyer wrote the script … I just spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he’ll move right into Warner Bros’ long awaited next Man of Steel movie in development with Chris Nolan and David Goyer. “I’ve been a big fan of the character for a long time, he’s definitely the king of all superheroes, he’s the one,” Snyder, who directed Watchmen and 300, told me. “It’s early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I’ve always felt he was kind of awesome. I’ll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it.”
As you may recall, this news was supposed to be revealed in “weeks” so I’m a bit surprised we’re hearing about this so soon. You may also recall that since director Darren Aronofsky was among the shortlisted directors, actress Natalie Portman‘s name was going around as a possible Lois Lane (Natalie, as you may know, stars in Aronofsky‘s upcoming new film Black Swan). It remains to be seen if Portman‘s name will still be attached to the new Superman film now that Zack Snyder got the directing job but I, personally, still think she’d make a great Lois. To be honest, I think I’m quite pleased that Zack Snyder got the job … sure, I was pulling for Aronofsky to get the gig but I loved Snyder‘s work in both 300 and The Watchmen. I’m sure it won’t be long until we hear more about this ambitious Superman reboot.