Name: Erica Croce
at 1:50PM on Jan 28
I’m big on the Wizard of Oz because my Dad has tuned in to the annual broadcast as far back as he can remember. So growing up, we’d watch it together and he’d sing the songs, dance like the munchkins, and quote the lines.
Now we sit together to watch it, singing and saying the lines before the actors do. And after randomly meeting one of the munchkins while on family vacation (we happened to go to a shopping mall the same day/time Mickey Carroll was having a signing) it will always be special to me, since we got to do that as a family too.
Also, look up the story of Mickey Carroll if you never have. His godfather was Al Capone, and if I remember correctly I heard that happened because his dad was a Chicago cop who kept arresting Al Capone and they became friends…somehow??
at 6:20PM on Jan 21
Drake was amazing! I couldn’t believe how spot-on his impressions were. Weezy and Katt Williams…oh my god, it was awesome.
Also, I’m going to need someone to send me an mp3 of his second performance with the slowed down “Hold On We’re Going Home” intro right quick. That was hot!!
at 9:17AM on Jan 14
How amazing would it be to get convicted for a felony charge, and receive jail time, for throwing eggs. I know Bieber would never serve much time, and definitely not in the general population, but I’m just picturing an inmate being asked by a hardened criminal “what he’s in for” and having to respond: “egging a house”.
I can’t with this crazy story.
at 2:26PM on Jan 4
Word on the street is that she has a thing for Jonathan Groff’s cousin and ex-The Voice contestant James Wolpert!
at 6:37AM on Jan 2
…Aaannnnnd I’m crying. RIP James. Thanks for teaching us all through Uncle Phil. We learned some great lessons from you.
at 10:37AM on Oct 16
at 8:43AM on Aug 30
Too many! I’m partial to the All We Know Is Falling album so Brighter/Whoa/Emergency/All We Know are favorites.
And of course, the acoustic version of Misery Business is amazing!
Annville, PA, US
at 5:56PM on Jul 28
The festival was great!! I went to both days and had an awesome time, especially Friday. For me, the highlights were:
1. Gavin DeGraw covering “Mirrors” – he sounded damn good singing that, and not all that unlike JT!
2. Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic joining Gavin DeGraw for “Not Over You”.
3. OneRepublic mixing in “We Found Love” with “Apologize”.
4. OneRepublic covering “I Got a Woman” and “Gold Digger” together.
5. Danny from The Script constantly going out into the crowd with fans, and then coming into the grandstands 10 or so feet from me!
6. Boyz II Men and their old school dancing on “Motownphilly” plus their still amazing voices.
7. Pretty much everything about TLC – it was good to see them back in action. Also, they fought through all the technical difficulties of their set like champs.
8. And this is kind of random, but when we had to go into the Hershey Arena during the storm, Hersheypark also had to be shut down…so the six-piece marching band that roams the park came in and played for us while we had to wait. They played “Don’t Stop Believin”‘ and it was great!
at 5:49PM on Jul 28
You guys are so incredibly welcome! I don’t know why, but when I was uploading them last night, I had this thought of “Trent and Shannon might cover this, and they should have some good content for the post…this could work”. So I thought I’d let you know!
As for living through them, I think the funniest moment I caught, and that maybe you would want to check out, was during Boyz II Men’s “On Bended Knee”. It was raining pretty good (in fact, the whole concert had been shut down for a while…we were all forced to take shelter) and so at one point you see this random guy in a red jacket walk across the stage holding some towels. He set them down right in front of Shawn Stockman. Turns out, that was the spot Shawn was going to actually get down on one knee…just not on the wet stage.
Oh well, I actually give them points for performing during the rain but I thought it was funny!
at 12:57PM on Jul 28
You’re awesome. End of story.