Lindsay Lohan Wants Out Of The Betty Ford Clinic, Since They Will Not Let Her Take Adderall

That Makes Perfect Sense... For Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan goes on a Broadway date with Mohammed Al Turki

As many of us know, Lindsay Lohan‘s rehab stint was full of hella drama and that was before it even started. First she didn’t want to go to the center she was originally supposed to go to, which meant she was already in violation of her rehab deal, before her rehab started. Then she finally checked into the unlicensed Morningside Recovery Center, only to check out shortly thereafter and check into the Betty Ford Clinic. It’s been, like, a week so naturally there are already reports that she’s trying to get out Betty Ford ASAP because they won’t let her take Adderall. Nice. Click inside to learn more!

TMZ has the story:

It’s Lindsay Lohan’s worst fear … doctors at The Betty Ford Center have cut off her precious supply of Adderall — and now, she’s hell-bent on making her escape.

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ … doctors at the rehab center evaluated Lindsay this week and decided she does NOT need her Addy pills, despite Lindsay’s claims she suffers from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).​

We’re told Betty Ford’s doctors almost NEVER give anyone over the age of 15 the powerful drug, because the docs believe there are plenty of substitute meds for ADHD that do the trick without the addictive qualities inherent in the drug. And, we’re told, the doctors are well aware many people — especially Hollywood types — misuse Adderall as a weight-control drug.

Here’s the immediate problem … Lindsay is telling her friends she CANNOT stay at Betty Ford and wants to be moved to another facility that is not hard-nosed about Adderall.

And this sets up yet another crisis, because it seems inconceivable Judge Jim Dabney and prosecutors would ignore the Betty Ford doctors and trump their diagnosis by letting Lindsay make a move.

Last month we’d heard that LiLo was refusing to go to rehab without her Adderall, and I thought that was pretty ridiculous. Now that she’s officially there, and seriously making a big deal about not being able to take her drugs at rehab, I’m still kind of in awe. Sadly, she seems to be getting her way with this whole rehab thing and I can’t help but wonder if the courts will end up letting her transfer out of Betty Ford. Which would be… insane, right?

[Source] [Photo Credit: Splash News]

Share:
| Posted under:
pink-is-the-new-blog
  1. Insane but not surprising.

  2. superjosh

    Shannon, love you and all, but I think it’s a bad idea to re-post unsubstantiated stories like this one. It just fuels the whole LiLo rumor train which then fuels her attitude that all people ever do is create drama that she didn’t start. She has a really bad attitude and sense of entitlement, but I really do think people use that against her too often(remember the club manager she hit and his substantial “injuries”). And in the end, she just doesn’t get any better. TMZ didn’t have a LiLo story this past week, so they just happen to be the only one with this breaking story… right.

  3. lol 1st world problems. In my country people have pretty much no idea what ADHD or Adderall is.

  4. The Truth

    I really hope she gets out like her last stay there. That way they can throw her butt in jail. That is the place where she belongs. She wasn’t charge for drug or alcohol use. She was charge and plead guilty to lying to the cop. How she go to rehab from that I never know. But she Lindsay Lohan, never really had to pay for anything she does. The only way she will learn stop giving her breaks and put her in jail for at least 1 year.

  5. Steve

    The little whore should be in prison.

  6. Jeffy

    Lindsay, you can come stay with me.

  7. patrick

    you should be taking adderall because you need it to be attentive at school or work. her ADD could not possibly be causing her a problem in rehab. as someone who has done both cocaine and taken ADD meds let me assure you that these drugs have eerily similar affects and is( in all likelyhood) the reason she insists on taking adderall.

    i would be dumbfounded if she was able to get out of REHAB because they wouldn’t allow her to take the addictive drug she is clearly abusing.

  8. Charlie

    Perfect example of why kids are such little pukes these days. Made up disorders like ADHD. Instead of just giving kids a smack across the face and telling them to quit acting like little turds people look for excuses and prescription drugs when the fact of the matter is the kid is just a little a** hole who needs some discipline and tough love. These prescription drugs are doing a hell of a lot more bad then good.

    • adam

      BOOOOOO! To this reply. ADD/HD and other forms of learning and mood disorders are very real and deserve every bit the amount of care and compassion that other life-long illnesses are given. Lindsay “needing” Adderall while in rehab is almost certainly preposterous; but she is not a good person and if she does have LD of some sort, she certainly does not represent the rest of the people afflicted with LD and mood-dissorders.

    • auggie61

      Charlie,

      The only one who needs a smack across the face is you. I’d be happy to oblige.

    • Megan

      If you could come to my classroom for a day and watch my ADHD kids you would take that back lol.

  9. Lindsay has been shown leniency throughout this whole fiasco! If she doesn’t run the show, they throws constant tatrums, to receive leniency again! She needed my father as a teacher. She would be doing some long hard labor busting rocks, as he put it to us! LOL! She would be too tired to get into trouble, and about the Adderall, caught with those, she would have to “eat” those by chewing them, rather than swallowing them with water! Maybe, lock her up for 2 yrs, rationing her food would help her loose weight, which would comply with the doctors opinion, if she could make it look like she used them for weight-loss. HaHa! Finally, Betty Ford doctors, sounds like they are Lindsay’s match, and her winning ways are about to loose this play! Great soap opera!! This article made me lmao!!

  10. Kanna-Chan

    Hey, you were the one who chose that facility. You didn’t want to go to the one the judge wanted you to go to. You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

  11. adam

    ADD/ADHD can be a very serious learning disability with serious mood-altering affects if not treated properly. A small, but significant percentage of the population has ADD/HD, a small but real percentage of those are severe enough or of a type that treatment 24 hours/day when doing no work is necessary, a small but real percentage of those Adderall is the MUCH preferred treatment. Also, Adderall is addictive, an appetite suppressant, a stimulant, and a widely abused drug by teens and twenty-somethings. Is it possible that Lindsay wants the drug for the right reasons? Sure. BUT, given her history, the chances she wants the drug for the right reasons are SO small, and there are other, less dangerous ways to treat the mood-disorder components of ADHD. So, in this case, I’d say there is about a 99.9% chance Lindsay is just trying to get her hands on an addictive, appetite-supressing upper and about a 0.1% chance she has a valid claim here. She has just cried “wolf” too many times.

    • Kanna-Chan

      Right reasons or not, what does she need to concentrate on in rehab? If she were going to school or having to memorize her lines in a movie, that would be one thing but she is doing neither right now.

    • adam

      Kanna-Chan, as I said, for a small percentage of people with ADD/HD it shows up partially as a mood disorder. Again, I’m not buying what Lindsay is selling at all, for various reasons. But the possibility of a *generic* person in rehab needing to be treated for ADD/HD while in rehab is real.

    • patrick

      I have been diagnosed and treated for ADHD and I can’t imagine how severe a case would have to be for an adult to perpetually require ADD stimulants . That’s not to say it doesn’t happen however the only kids I’ve seen that constantly take medicine both in and out of school are the kids whose parents just don’t want to deal with the hyperactivity. Regardless there is little doubt in my mind that Lohan(assuming this story is true) is experiencing withdrawal right now.

    • bh

      My husband, a 29 year old man, is diagnosed ADD, along with other mood disorders. He takes ADD meds every day, twice a day, no matter what he is doing. They help him to stay focused on life/not hyper-focus on random things and let him live a normal life.

    • Steph

      I agree and if doctors at a rehab centre have assessed her, it probably means they have done proper cognitive testing to show that she does not need the meds. I have done those assessments and it is pretty clear when someone is severe enough to require meds. Most of the time, they don’t.

  12. fjhkjghjfhgk

    Well BOO F’IN HOO, guess she ran into a doctor she couldn’t pay off to keep giving her drugs.

  13. tdmckirdy

    If she doesn’t get with the program them throw her sorry Ass in jail. and I would make for 180 days.

  14. RMM

    Who would have guessed, she doesn’t like being locked up.

  15. Dsave

    Poor little girl, I do feel sorry for her, look who she had for a role model, a sorry run around father and then there is her Modder

  16. Dsave

    feel sorry for her, so much talent, no parents

  17. Dsave

    feel sorry for her, so much talent, no parents I have WGAS but have take nothing fer it

  18. Connie

    Lindsey needs to hit rock bottom. Now is the time.

  19. This is the 2nd medical evalutation that has said she has NO medical need for Adderall. The first was done by UCLA years ago.

Leave A Comment