Dancing with the Stars, the competitive dancing show that doesn’t seem to want to die, is back for an all new 16th season and today on ABC‘s Good Morning America the “celebrity” cast of contestants was revealed for the first time. Back when Lance Armstrong was bizzy being disgraced for being a lousy cheater last month, I understand, he was being courted by DWTS to compete this season in an attempt to secure a ratings coup. Unfortunately for the show, there are some things that even Armstrong won’t lower himself for. Fortunately for DWTS, tho, there are plenty of D-List (and below) “stars” that are happy to compete. Click below to find out with stars will be dancing for the mirrorball trophy this season.
Musicians, athletes and TV personalities are among the new crop of celebrity contestants who will take to the dance floor on season 16 of “Dancing With the Stars.” The new cast of ABC’s hit show was revealed today, exclusively on “Good Morning America,” and the headliners include country music legend Wynonna Judd, former “Idol” finalist Kellie Pickler, reality TV star Lisa Vanderpump and NFL star Jacoby Jones. Jones isn’t the only athlete on the show. Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman, professional boxer Victor Ortiz, and figure skating legend Dorothy Hamill will compete this season. Comedians D.L. Hughley and Andy Dick, as well as “General Hospital” star Ingo Rademacher, and Disney star Zendaya Coleman round out the star-studded pack. Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet appeared live on “GMA” from Studio B in Los Angeles today to make the highly-anticipated announcement of the cast. They also unveiled the professional partners, which include reigning pro champ Tony Dovolani, veterans Cheryl Burke, Mark Ballas, Derek Hough, Karina Smirnoff, Kym Johnson, as well as some new faces. See the list below for the official pairings. The new season kicks off with a two-hour premiere on Monday, March 18 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on ABC. The couple with the lowest combined judges’ scores and public votes for their performance will be sent home in the season premiere of “Dancing With the Stars: The Results Show.”
And here is the breakdown of which star will be paired up with which professional:
* Wynonna Judd, five-time Grammy-winning country star (with Tony Dovolani)
* D.L. Hughley, comedian/actor (with Cheryl Burke)
* Jacoby Jones, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver (with Karina Smirnoff)
* Lisa Vanderpump, star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills/Vanderpump Rules star (with Gleb Savchenko)
* Andy Dick, actor/comedian (with Sharna Burgess)
* Victor Ortiz, former WBC Welterweight Champion (with So You Think You Can Dance finalist Lindsay Arnold)
* Zendaya Coleman, Disney Channel star (with Val Chmerkovskiy)
* Aly Raisman, Olympic gold-medalist in gymnastics (with Mark Ballas)
* Ingo Rademacher, General Hospital star (with Kym Johnson)
* Kellie Pickler, American Idol alum and country-music star (with Derek Hough)
* Dorothy Hamill, Olympic gold medalist in figure skating (with Tristan MacManus)
I’ve never been a DWTS fan but I know a lot of people out there (my BFF Sarah included) LOVE the show so for their sakes, I shant pick on Dancing any more ;) If I were to bet on who I think might win just by looking at this list, I’d put my money on Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill. I think I’d root for Lisa Vanderpump, only because I’m a big fan of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Clearly everyone will be tuning in to see just how offensive and inappropriate Andy Dick will be so … it looks like Dancing with the Stars has managed to cull together a pretty entertaining batch of contestants. Do you watch DWTS? Is this a line-up you can support?