I never thought I’d be one of those people watching red carpet arrivals 3 hours before an awards show, but last night, there I was. Staring intently at the TV (mainly waiting for Kerry Washington to arrive), watching the red carpet arrivals for the 85th annual Academy Awards. And it was a blast! One of my fave moments (other than when Kerry arrived) was this tiny interaction between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dustin Hoffman. JGL actually hit the red carpet with his Lincoln co-star Sally Field and they ran into Hoffman… and JGL kinda lost it. It was so cute! I mean, he totally kept it together, but when Ryan Seacrest asked him if he knew of Dustin Hoffman, JGL said something like I don’t think any one actor has influenced me more. I’ve seen every one of his movies. And then he went on to say that he’d never met him before, and you could just see the little stan in him when they shook hands. It was awesome! I loved little moments like that, and I loved the big moments… like Jennifer Lawrence‘s Dior Haute Couture gown. Let’s discuss further, inside!
Shannon’s Academy Awards Best Dressed List, In No Particular Order
(Except For The Part Where Jessica Chastain Really Is Number 1):
1. Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé (it’s that thing where her hair and skin and dress all match a little… and normally I wouldn’t likey… but, for some reason on Jess, I lovey).
2. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture (she lit’rally floated on the red carpet, and then she fell when she was accepting her first Oscar, and we loved her even more fiercely… lol)
3. Samantha Barks in Valentino (um. Wait, no. This might be my number one… OMG…)
4. Kerry Washington in Miu Miu (not a lot of color on the red carpet last night, but Kerry brought the heat in this red dress; loved).
5. Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille (almost hated this dress, because it looked like a lot was going on, but no. In the end, I loved it).
6. Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen (because she rocked a tiara and got away with it; don’t try that at home, ya’ll). Oh, and I couldn’t find a great pic of her on the carpet, so go HERE to see what I mean!
7. Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton (OMGaaaahhhhh, I loved it! The color, the hair, the hips– madness! Madness!)
8. Charlize Theron in Dior (y’all know I love a good, strong white dress)
9. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji (don’t know what it is about her, but she always looks so beautiful on the red carpet; loved the champagne color of her dress)
10. Anne Hathaway in Prada (loved the sleek style of her dress; the lipstick and necklace completed a perfect look).
Stacy Keibler, Amanda Seyfried, and wait OMG. No! Disregard my entire list! Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani Prive! Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani Prive! Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani Prive! LMAO, loved it! So much of the fashion was sooo appropriate for the Oscars, and I can appreciate that, but a few people (like Naomi, and like Samantha Barks) took a risk. Love them for that!
Who had your favorite looks of the night?