Ha! I know what y’all thought. Y’all thought Kelly Rowland’s picture was gonna be front and center. And it was. It’s just that as I was writing this, I realized last night’s final post had K-Row as the main pic, and I gotta at least pretend to be interested in somebody else on the planet right now, lmao! But no, seriously! The 55th Annual Grammy Awards aired last night and the show was pretty awesome (we’ll get to that later)! The fashion was also awesome, though I do think that ridiculous dress code put a little bit of a damper on things. Maybe I missed it but, while everyone looked amazing, I didn’t see anything really, really shocking! Which is fine! Peep the gallery for more and click inside to check out my personal faves of the night. Sidenote/HUGE Deal: Remember a while back we listened to up-and-coming artist Jade Novah’s brilliant cover of Rihanna’s Diamonds? Well she’s actually a friend of mine from Cleveland who’s been putting in that work, and she recently won the Grammy Hitlab Emerging Talent competition. So she was AT the effing Grammys! Which means I was basically AT the effing Grammys! Hella shouts-out to her!!! She’s in the gallery looking amazing, along with the rest of those fine, famous folk.
(Except For The Part Where Kelly Rowland Really Is Number 1):
1. Kelly Rowland in Georges Chakra (her accessories were super-fab as well)
2. Katy Perry in Gucci (I’m sure someone out there can find something negative about Katy’s look, but I sure as hell cannot)
3. Rihanna in Azzedina Alaia (you can hate on her choice of date– and I did– but not the dress… although the weave wasn’t completely doing it for me)
4. Nazanin Mandi AKA Miguel’s girlfriend– I can’t remember who she was wearing, but OMG. She is insane.
5. Florence Welch was everything in Givenchy Couture
6. Beyoncé in Osman (at first I didn’t love it, mainly because she was rocking pants, but then I saw her waist-to-hip ratio and I had to bow down)
7. Faith Hill in J. Mendel
8. Taylor Swift in J. Mendel (although I felt like we’d def seen this look from her before)
9. Jennifer Lopez in Anthony Vaccarello, mainly because I love anybody in Anthony Vaccarello, and also because I felt like she was kind of breaking the dress code just for fun (the hair and make-up didn’t exactly work for me, but the leg and the Jimmy Choo heels totally did).
10. Kimbra, who I’ve never really paid attention to, had me falling for her in a design by Jaime Lee Major. I know everyone won’t love this look, but I thought it made perfect sense for her.
Who rocked your top looks of the night? Let me know, and I’ll find the designer for you, if it’s not one of the artists listed here! Oh, I also thought Adele looked absolutely gorgeous in Valentino Couture, and so did Carrie Underwood in Roberto Cavalli!0