Y’all. I was watching Winter’s Bone for the first time a few weeks back and I was all like, Jennifer Lawrence is a ridiculously big deal. That scene? Where she’s pulling those um… winter’s bones… from out of the water??? (LOL, trying not to spoil it for those of you who haven’t seen it.) She’s crazy! And now she’s really, really starting to blow up, having won a Screen Actor’s Guild Award, a Golden Globe, and hella other awards for her performance in Silver Linings Playbook. It paaains me to say that I still haven’t seen this one but it’s def next on my movie list. Plus, I gotsta see it before the Oscars. Even though I’m rooting for little QuvenzhanÃ© Wallis, I know Jennifer Lawrence is gonna be a tough one to beat. Now, the first couple of Throwback Thursdays we had were music-related (Destiny’s Child and Aaliyah inspired some pretty epic jam sessions), but since we got our first look at The Hunger Games: Catching Fire earlier this week I kinda had J-Law on the brain. So click inside to check out a few of her best pre- Hunger Games, throwback performances!
1. So, while she was accepting her SAG Award on Sunday, Jennifer thanked MTV for giving her one of her first gigs. Apparently, this is what she was talking about:
2. I definitely didn’t watch this show, but the idea of Jennifer Lawrence on TV is kind of awesome. This is a clip of her rescuing her younger brother on The Bill Engvall Show. She totally sacrifices herself (well, her outfit) to save her sibling– already on her Hunger Games ish, lol! Checkie out:
3. Ummm, why haven’t I seen this creepy-looking movie before? With Selma Blair as Jennifer Lawrence’s pimped out momma?! And friggen Bokeem Woodbine?! Madness. I also love how the opening song the YouTube fan uses has very little to do with the scene… I think:
4. P.S. Yeah. I thought that scene was intense until I saw um, this one. J-Law on her throwback indie ish!
5. Hey. Even Oscar nominees gotta start somewhere! You’ll never believe who/what she played on Monk:
6. Who knew that in Garden Party J-Law looked just like Juno Temple? LOL! Anyway, this looks like another creepy movie I gotta watch one day:
7. This was Jennifer Lawrence in 2005, just one year before she started acting professionally. The hair says eighth grade throwback, but the earrings say, I’m going to the Oscars, bitch! LOL, I love this:
Ha! J-Law’s all grown up now. Like for real:
And it’s a good thing, because the growner she gets, the better the performances. But here’s to Throwback Jennifer, without whom Silver Linings Playbook and Catching Fire Jennifer wouldn’t be possible. Speaking of which, who has seen Silver Linings and why aren’t I going right now?!?!0