Now that we’re fairly sure that Destiny’s Child will be doing a reunion performance when Beyoncé hits the Super Bowl Half-Time stage, it’s time to start mentally, spiritually, and emotionally preparing for their return. Every couple of days, I find myself in a YouTube music video vortex and it almost never involves contemporary music. I miss the friggen 90s! And the early-to-mid 2000s! And I’ve been wanting to share my nostalgia with y’all, which is why I’m starting a Throwback Thursdays post! Every Thursday we’re gonna re-live and re-lurve the [so-called] oldies but goodies, and I thought the DC reunion would make for a great jump-off post. Click inside to celebrate the forthcoming– and presumably epic– return of one of the greatest girl groups EVER!
10. OMG. Destiny’s Child went through so much drama in their early stages! But they were always a bomb group, so here’s a shouts-out to the originals. LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett are still apart of this group, as far as I’m concerned! Anyway, I totally wanted to do hurr after I saw this video:
9. I mean, this is Throwback Thursday! Let’s take it back to ’97 real quick. Oh, and that’s Immature in the video because yeah. Immature. Madness:
8. But it was the No, No, No remix that really made me a DC fan:
7. Shouts-out to Farrah! LMAO. No really, I love this video:
6. Remember when Lil’ Wayne looked kinda, sorta normal? Yeah, me neither. LMAO! He was always *special* but he jumped on this song when he really was my favorite rapper, so yeah. Shouts-out to throwback Weezy! And prego Solange! OMG, yeah I love this one too. Nobody talk to me right now:
Click over for more!