Just the other day we celebrated the birthday of the one and only Britney Spears, and by the end of the countdown (and the comments that followed), I found myself on YouTube listening to my first ever full album Britney stream. Shouts-out to all of you PITNBRS who recommended In The Zone… I honestly loved it like cray. Today, though, I return to my roots, lol. It’s Jay-Z‘s birthday!!! Which means we have a jam session of a slightly different (but equally amazing, I promise) order going down inside!
Jigga man is turning 43 and I have absolutely no problem naming 43 ways in which his existence changed my life. But I’m gonna stop at, like, 30 ways… hopefully he’s okay with that. Let’s get to it!
1. Well, we have to start with this one. Plus this is how I found out that we both have Moms named Gloria. Sweetness:
2. This amazing documentary about how he bought the Barclays Center. And performed in it. Because he can buy the places in which he performs:
3. This picture of him, which proves that he’s really a dork, and his wife knows it better than anyone:
4. This video of him performing with Pearl Jam, which proves that he is absolutely NOT a dork:
5. The actual 99 Problems video, which further negates any dorky-ness previously addressed (no, seriously his second verse is one of the best things ever in life):
6. Oh, wait. Have you officially met his wife? Okay, ’cause here she is:
7. He also has a daughter. Her face is kind of a big deal:
8. He introduced me to the man I would go on to claim as my husband from 1998-2001 (yes, DMX has since… uh… fallen off… but he will always be my *favorite* rapper, even if Jay is the greatest). Unfortunately YouTube isn’t allowed to have the original version of this song. It’s so good, it’s ILLEGAL:
9. So, I’ve always loved this song. But, since I didn’t grow up with cable, I’m just now seeing this video. Agh!
10. Lest we forget what things were like when he and his wife were just um… dating:
You better click over for more. The Can I Get A video may or may not be on the next page…