So today’s the big day. You’ve watched the trailer. You’ve watched the NSFW trailer… more times than you’d be willing to admit in front of a jury of your peers. You think you’re ready to go see Magic Mike tonight, but are you really, truly ready? Probably not, Trent. Probably not. Lol, but seriously there’s only one way to prepare for a male stripper movie and that’s with seven iconic male stripper movie/TV scenes. And wouldn’t you know? I happen to have some inside. YOU’RE WELCOME.
1. Sadly, FOX is a hater, and has removed most of the videos featuring the final scene to end all final scenes, so here’s an 18-second teaser.
The Full Monty, 1997
And if that doesn’t do it for you, here’s the Broadway musical version. If you squint, you can see Patrick Wilson from Little Children.
2. An oldie, but quintessential male stripper goodie.
For Ladies Only, 1981 (TV Movie)
3. Terry Crews either scares the ish out of you, or turns you on. For me, it’s a bit of a combo platter.
Terry as his alter ego Squeegee Lo on George Lopez Tonight, 2010
4. My absolute favorite male stripper scene of all time. Ever.
SNL’s Chippendale’s Skit featuring Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze, 1990
5. Because stripping is as much an American tradition as warm apple pie.
Jason Biggs in American Pie, 1999
6. Here’s to more strip scenes featuring Santa costumes.
Jake Gyllenhaal and his booty in Jarhead, 2005
7. This one holds a special place in my heart. The first strip I ever had the pleasure of watching.
Alfonso Ribeiro AKA Carlton Banks, brilliant, in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 1992
carlton banks: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/17/magic-mike-male-strippers/
8. PITNBr Wynter, made this awesome recommendation:
Samuel Ball in 13 Going On 30
And a very happy, Magic Mike day to you all!