Do you have your DVRs set for tonight or are you preparing for a night in with the popcorn and scotch? I’m so excited for the season finale of Mad Men that I am almost happy to accept that I won’t be able to watch another episode next Sunday. Almost. I LOVE AMC‘s Mad Men and this season has been one of its best yet, in my personal opinion. There was a lot of build up to the debut of season 5.. we had promos and teasers and posters, and now it seems like the season flew past. When they mentioned at the end of last week’s episode that this week was going to be the season finale I couldn’t believe it. I have no doubt tonight will end with a MASSIVE cliff-hanger, but what will it be? Check out my top 10 questions which may or may not be answered in tonight’s season finale.
Season 5 debuted March 26 and there have been only 12 episodes. Tonight’s (unlucky?) 13th episode is called The Phantom and AMC has said that “an opportunity is in the air for everyone and Pete meets a stranger on the train”. Doesn’t say much, does it?
Thanks to NY Magazine I have compiled a list of the top 10 questions we want the show to answer in tonight’s finale, but we know they probably won’t…
1) Will Peggy come back to the firm?
2) Will we ever find out what happened with Peggy and Pete’s baby?
3) Where is Joan’s husband?
4) Where have baby Gene and Betty been hiding?
5) Is SCDP going to land American Airlines?
6) Is Paul getting settled in L.A.?
7) How’s Duck Phillips doing these days?
8) What ever happened to Pete’s insurance salesman train buddy? And that guy’s wife, who Pete slept with?
9) Wasn’t Mad Men going to deal with race and civil rights this season?
10) Why have we never heard anything more about Megan’s mother and Roger Sterling after the night of the ad awards? (Remember that scene where Sally walked in on them…)
I love this show but they certainly do let a lot of characters and story lines just disappear off the face of the earth. Season 5 has been dark as hell and increasingly suspenseful. In typical Mad Men style the first few episodes were slow building and the last few episodes have been CRAZY dramatic. I just know that tonight’s finale is going to be BIG, especially after last week’s intense plot development. How do you think season 5 is going to end?