It has been 2 days since the world lost legendary singer Whitney Houston at the age of 48 years old and altho yesterday we learned that Whitney may have died from an accidental bathtub drowning, new details that have emerged in the past few hours suggest that she may have died from a deadly prescription drug cocktail. The autopsy on Houston’s body is complete but it will be many weeks before we learn the results from the toxicology tests. TMZ is reporting that water was found in Whitney’s lungs but go on to say that the coroner does not believe there was enough water in her lungs to indicate death by drowning. Houston’s family has REPORTEDLY been told that her death was likely due to improper prescription drug use.
Whitney Houston’s family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol … this according to family sources. We’re told Coroner’s officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney’s lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned. Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged. And family sources tell us … it was actually Whitney’s aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney’s body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney’s dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn’t come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR. And we’re told … Whitney’s mom has arranged to have the singer’s body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play — and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.
Again, we cannot know for sure what happened until an official cause of death is revealed. The LA Coroner’s Office is absolutely refusing to confirm or deny any information about Whitney’s death until their investigation is completed. The information provided by TMZ comes from “family sources” so it’s impossible to truly know for sure what is what just yet. Police investigators have confirmed, tho, that there were not a lot of prescription drugs found in Whitney’s room at the time of her death and that she was seen alive an hour before her body was discovered:
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ multiple medicine bottles were found in the Beverly Hills hotel room where Whitney Houston died … but we’re told there were NOT a lot of pills at the scene. Among the pills … ibuprofen (painkiller), Xanax (anti-depressant), Midol (for menstrual cramps), amoxicillin (for treating bacterial infections) … and more. We’re told the amoxicillin was prescribed recently because Whitney had been suffering from a sore throat. We’re told some of the pills were old … some issued in 2011 … but some of the bottles were from 2012. We’re told the bottles that were recovered at the scene did not contain a lot of pills … Law enforcement sources tell us … it’s possible Whitney suffered a heart attack caused by an adverse reaction to her medication, but it is simply too early to make an official call on the cause of death.
A police spokesperson was quoted as saying that he personally has more prescription drugs in his medicine cabinet at home than were found in Whitney Houston’s room. It is very important, I think, that we hold off on jumping to any conclusions until we know for sure what happened. Still, no matter what the cause of death is … Whitney is forever gone and nothing will make that sad fact sound any better.0