The cast of Glee, both old and new, made their way out to the Paramount Studios lot here in Hollywood, CA last night to celebrate the second season of their hit Fox TV show. The season 2 premiere ep, titled Auditions, was screened at last night’s red carpet event and Zap2It brings us a list of things to look for (in addition to what not to look for) when the show returns on September 21. Here are a few photos of some of our fave Glee castmembers on the red carpet last night and a tease from Zap2It:
The “Glee” Season 2 premiere is almost here, but until Sept. 21, Zap2it has more details on what to expect when you tune in. Let’s just say that for “Glee” fans, the episode titled “Auditions” is a treat and addresses many of the concerns that were brought up for the second half of the freshman season. That’s not to say that everything’s perfect at McKinley High, because what would be the fun of that? Zap2it had the opportunity to screen the first episode back at the “Glee” premiere party Tuesday night (Sept. 7), and we’re here to share some of the goodies with you …
In order to keep the post spoiler free for those of you who wish to remain spoiler-free, the list can be read behind the cut. Additionally, you can check out photos of some of the new castmembers who have been added to Glee season 2 as well as a short preview video from the season 2 premiere ep Auditions, after the jump …
What you’ll see:
– Jacob Ben Israel (Josh Sussman) gets a good chunk of screen time, and he’s hilarious.
– More contemporary hits: We already know that we’ll see Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind,” but we also get Lady Gaga’s “Telephone” and Travie McCoy’s “Billionaire” courtesy of newbie Chord Overstreet.
– Will (Matthew Morrison) and Sue (Jane Lynch) teaming up and giggling together.
– For her audition, Sunshine (Charice) sings a killer version of “Listen” from the “Dreamgirls” film adaptation.
– A catfight in the hallway
– The promised Asian hookup between Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) and Mike (Harry Shum, Jr.), with an explanation about how poor Artie (Kevin McHale) lost Tina.
– A Gleek tries out for the Cheerios, but we’re not saying who.
– Self-awareness – Lots of references to things we think about, but don’t usually mention, such as Kurt’s (Chris Colfer) fashion sense and Mike Chang’s marginal dance-only status.
– One Gleek gets surgery over the summer holidays.
– Finn (Cory Monteith) has some interesting chemistry with new guy Sam (Chord Overstreet)
What you won’t see:
– Emma (Jayma Mays) and Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig) – They’re still part of the show, but not till Episode 2.
– Coach Ken Tanaka (Patrick Gallagher) – His character had a nervous breakdown and is replaced by Coach Beiste (Dot Jones). Never fear, he’s landed on his feet elsewhere.
– Matt Rutherford (Dijon Talton) – Mr. Schue announces that Matt has transferred. No other explanation about his disappearance from show choir.
– Puck’s (Mark Salling) mohawk. Yes, as we saw at the end of Season 1, it’s well and truly gone.
And here is a hilarious clip from the premiere ep:
We are still about 2 weeks away from the premiere of Glee season 2 … but this clip is a nice tease for what’s to come. I cannot wait … as you may have guessed, I’m most excited about the second ep of Glee season 2 — the famed Britney Spears episode — but overall, I’m looking forward to the show’s return … are you?
[Photo credit: Wireimage, Bauer-Griffin; Source]